>I am of the opinion that the scale of IPv6 deployment today is still
>in its infancy and the impacts associated with mandating the HAO
>processing on all IPv6 nodes is far less than maybe two years from
>now.

        here are a little (incomplete) list of RFC2460-compliant
        implementations that does not speak/understand HAO:

        JunOS, ExtremeWare, MacOS 10.2, all FreeBSD since 4.0, all NetBSD
        since 1.5, all OpenBSD since 2.7, Solaris beyond 2.7, Linux since 2.2,
        all BSD/OS since 4.1.

        and any product that ships with these operating systems (note that
        many uses *BSD in embedded products such as printers).

        and i would like to stress that it isn't matter of configuration, but
        matter of codebase (you can't say "well, they are not configured with
        IPv6").  and as you may aware, people do run older revisions of those
        operating systems (there still are Win3.1, you know).

        if it isn't enough to convince you otherwise, i think you are in
        a dream world.

itojun