>>> A router might (and probably should) be hard-coded not to
>>> forward link-local packets, as there is no reason to ever
>>> forward them.
>>>
>>> However, a router that might ever need have multiple
>>> interfaces in a single site can't be hard-coded not to
>>> forward site-locals. Whether or not they will be forwarded is
>>> the result of configuration.
>>
>>Actually, a router can forward link-locals between interfaces on the
>>same link. In particular, a router can forward a packet with link-local
>>dest and/or source back out the interface from which it arrived (and
>>presumably generate a Redirect too).
>>
>>If you are implementing link-locals properly, it's really very little
>>additional code to support site-locals. At least that's my experience.
>
>       could you comment on routing code? (RIPng, OSPFv3)  i still think
>       it's way too tough to support multi-sited node.

RIPng is relatively simple. link-state protocols require congruent
areas and sites. there are some open issues with regards to multicast
and PIM I believe. routing protocol support is required in any case
for VPNs.

site-locals can be used without multi-site support, i.e treated pretty
much like globals. multi-sited-ness shouldn't be recommended for other
reasons than adding complexity to routers, e.g DNS issues.

/ot