Hi Erik,

> So while I don't want to slow down the MIPv6 specification or the
> implementation and deployment, I think breaking out these pieces will help
> with specification and protocol modularity, which makes it easier and quicker
> to revise the specifications along the standards track etc.

So, perhaps my comment is a bit naive, but as the changes have been
discussed in the MIP WG and many people think the changes are
sane in the IPv6 WG ... I wonder what would be accomplished by
breaking them out in a seperate document.  Since the IPv6
WG will be working updating ND, could not the MIPv6 draft
make the recommendations and then these recomentations be taken
as the starting point for the ND discussions in the IETF?

John