I think that we should stop calling these addresses "site-local",
as that is prone to confusion.  We would create a separate set
of globally-unique/provider-independent (GUPI?  Pronounced
"guppy" or "goopy", depending on how much you like them?  :-))
addresses for use as local addresses in Internet connected sites.

We could still have site-local addresses (FECO::/10), which can be
used for disconnected networks (and perhaps other cases -- we
haven't really decided how widely to use them yet).  If we limit
them to disconnected sites, they could be treated exactly like
global addresses by all nodes.  If we also allow them to be
Ok, I am behind on email....

....but how on earth did we end up in this discussion? From what I remember of the voting in Atlanta we had consensus for a limited version of site-locals...not creating a separate address structure? I mean if we are concerned about an allocation for GUPI we could use ::/0 right? It's not going to leak to the Internet anyway....

- kurtis -