James,

At 10:21 AM 12/11/2002, James Kempf wrote:
I'm in the process of upgrading my home computing infrastructure in order to be
able to use IPv6. Does anybody know a retail ISP in the US that provides IPv6
service (specifically, in the SF Bay Area)?

I did a quick Google search and all the offerings seem to be for backbone
service.
I am unfortunately, also working on this. I used to have DSL service from a local provider, but they discontinued it abruptly a week and a half ago. Until they shut it down, I had IPv6 service with a configured tunnel to nokia.net with a /48 assignment.

I found a new local SF bay area provider, meer.net, and signed up with them. They expressed some interest in later offering IPv6 service. [Note, I don't have any personal financial interest in meer.net so I am only mentioning them on the list because of their interest in IPv6.] Once the new DSL line is up, I will setup the configured tunnel again. I was planning on working with meer.net to help them get IPv6 running so I could get rid of the tunnel.

If you contact them, suggest you mention your interest in IPv6. If enough people ask for it....

Bob