Most of us run a 6to4 gateway and tunnel over our provider's
IPv4 network to one of the public 6to4 relays.
It's unfortunate that there still seem to be very few 6to4 relay routers that are advertising a route to the "6to4 anycast address" (2002:c058:6301::). For example, for me (in the San Francisco Bay Area) this address gives me a router that appears to be located somewhere in Europe! Consequently, I ended up hard-coding a topologically closer 6to4 relay router (e.g., 6to4.ipv6.microsoft.com: 2002:836b:213c:1:e0:8f08:f020:8) into my configuration file.

Are people still serious about using anycast to locate 6to4 relay routers, or is this idea considered to be just a toy??

Ross.