This is the semantics police speaking:
PI = Does *NOT* scale.
Starting with this assumption leads us to two bad choices.  Maybe it
is time to question this assumption?

Same here. I did not comment on this before, but I think that what
Margaret really means here is:

  > This is the crux of why I believe that we will need to find a
| > way to return to **A SYSTEM THAT PROVIDES THE PERKS OF** stable,
  > provider-independent, globally-routable addresses to avoid NAT
  > in IPv6.
I said what I really meant...

I think that we should find a way to return to stable, globally-routable,
provider-independent addresses that are allocated to homes & enterprises.
Addresses that do not change when you change ISPs, and that cannot be
changed by your ISP.  Real PI addresses.  Just like the original addresses
allocated in IPv4.

Margaret