Alain Durand wrote:

Pekka Savola wrote:

3.0 IANA Considerations

The following prefix is reserved for use in documentation and MUST
NOT be assigned to any operational IPv6 nodes:

2000:0001::/32

==> I do not understand why this reservation has been made; I see zero technical reason for it -- and it would prevent the use of the full 2000::/16 for something else.

I disagree. Having the reserved prefix is a good think and
will hopefully prevent what happen when Sun folks started
documenting examples using our address space.
I will agree with Alain that a reserved prefix for documentation is
good. But, I don't understand why '2000:0001::/32" was chosen instead
of '2000:0000::/32'. Can someone speak to this?

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]