Pekka,

> Thanks.

Oh, btw, in the references too.
At least I was consistent :-)

> It seemed to me like a convenient place to do it as this was defining the
> 2000::/3 prefix.  It could be done elsewhere, but hopefully this draft can
> get through the process quickly.

Well, if one believes this can be done quickly here, no problem.
I was hoping this would be the case.

But I'm not sure it can.

I, for one, am very adamantly against reserving 2000:0001::/32.  That
wastes a complete 2000::/16 (if, for some purposes, a whole /16 or first
parts of it are needed). An extremely bad idea, IMO.  I'd recommend taking
something from 2001, like 2001:0001::/32 or 2001:FFFF::/32.
I viewed it as opening up the rest of the 2000::/16 prefix for /32 allocations. Currently all of 2000::/16 is reserved in

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-tla-assignments

I guess it depends on how one looks at it.

And this kind of "which one is the right block to reserve" discussions
could delay the other parts of the draft, which was my main motivation for
keeping it outside of this one.
Lets try to avoid a lengthily discussion on this. I think the w.g. has more pressing issues. If others have strong feeling on this, I am happy to change it. Or remove it.

> >5.0 References
> >
> >==> split the references.
>
> Why?  Most are normative or very static.

Because otherwise the draft will get bounced back when the AD checks for
ID-nits, and because it's required before it can get to the RFC editor..
For practical purposes they are all normative. It if helps, I can say that in the next version of the draft.

Bob