Hello,

> After the today's decision with site local, is clear to me
> that we don't want to have NAT happening again )
I think it was clear before SL discussion.

> We know that the people will do it anyway, but we must do an
> effort to avoid is as much as possible, and some ideas that could
> support this are:
>
> 1) Clearly show the advantages of end-to-end and no NAT model.
> 2) Have the specs indicating that an IPv6 node (host/router,
> whatever) MUST NOT support NAT or equivalent mechanisms. Any
> interoperability/conformance test must fail if you fail to
> agree with this specification. This should be a clear sign for the
> manufacturers to avoid supporting NATs.
> 3) Indicate that if someone wants to keep using NAT, should
> do it with IPv4.
The good question is: why customers use NATs ?
Maybe, it is because of the lack of public addresses and surely there
are some other reasons !
So I am not convinced by the interdiction of NATs in IPv6 node requirements
(is it possible ?) but I would prefer a constructive solution that provides
right solutions for customer needs. End to end secure communications is a
nice goal but is it possible today to propose such service for any customer or
in any environment ?

> I'm not sure if the rest agree and what is the correct
> document to say this, may be as part of the changes for the local-link
> deprecation ?
>
> Regards,
> Jordi
David