Andrew, you don't seem to see the *ambiguity* of FEC0::/10
prefixes as a major problem in itself, but operational experience
with 10/8 suggests that ambiguity is actually a bigger pain than
NAT in some scenarios (VPNs between two Net 10 networks, for
example). The virtue of Bob's proposal is that it eliminates this
ambiguity while conserving the perceived value of SLs.

As for being too prescriptive, I think it's important to specify an
algorithm that will give good enough results when applied blindly.
Are you arguing for a SHOULD here?

   Brian

Brian E Carpenter
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM

NEW ADDRESS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> PLEASE UPDATE ADDRESS BOOK