Particularly focusing on the FD00/8 space...

I'll raise my sole dissention up front:

3.2.2 and 3.2.3 are unnecessarily prescriptive for local addresses.  Since
the goal is simply to get something which is 'good enough' unique, all you
need is a mechanism for choosing a number that no-one else is likely to be
using.

For /48, hashing from an EUI-48 is currently good enough, although you are
compressing 48 bits into 40 so it could possibly cause problems when the
EUI-48 space is saturated.

For /64 (ie by-subnet numbering), you can fit a full EUI-48 with some bits
to spare.

Operationally, the requirement is that the generated /64 prefix is unique
compared to anything that else that a given node will see.  Global
uniqueness is a sufficient but not necessary criterion.

Notice also that any two autoconfigured addresses are guaranteed to be
unique, since the EUI-64 interface identifier will be dissimilar even if the
/64 routing component is similar.  Breaches of the EUI allocation
notwithstanding.

My ultimate observation is that I fail to see how a FD00::/8 address with
site filtering differs in any meaningful way from an FEC0::/10 address, with
two exceptions:

(1) FEC0::/10 currently seems to allow overlapping disjoint scopes (ie an
address is ambiguous at a particular node except for scope id).  However,
many implementations seem to ignore this and assume a single scope.

(2) FEC0::/10 does not mandate uniqueness generation for subnet prefixes.
This is a weakness, so don't deploy it without it.

Do I therefore object to FD00::/8?  Not at all.  Paint your wheel blue
rather than red if you like - I just want the functionality and two extra
bits can't hurt.  If redefining a chunk of the world is necessary to remove
scope specifiers from local addressing, go for it.

Though I will point out that once we ignore overlapping ambiguous scopes
neither FEC0::/10 or FC00::/7 addresses make any difference to application
writers.  You are still left with two broad classes of addresses:  those
which promise to be filtered, and those which you can't tell.  Unless we
allow only one address per node an application writer MUST assume that any
arbitrary source-destination pair may fail while another may succeed.

And as demonstrated previously, in the absence of other information the
local-local pair with longest prefix match is your most likely candidate for
a working connection.

--
Andrew White