Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> How true. I'd be more than happy to forget the hain/templin
> draft if we can get this agreed quickly. The IETF has
> developed a silly habit of getting hung up on requirements
> drafts; maybe we should just not bother.

In many cases I agree. Yet one of the justifications for the vote in SF was
that 'SL did not meet the requirements', but there was no documentation of
the requirements. That is specifically why I put my initial draft together.
If we all agree that a general purpose solution to the range of problems
covered in the current draft is necessary, I for one would be happy to drop
it. Unfortunately there appear to be a persistant few that refuse to
acknowledge that some network managers are under different operating
constraints than they are.

Tony