At 12:44 PM +0100 3/11/09, <pasi.ero...@nokia.com> wrote:
>Vijay Devarapalli wrote:
>
>> I don't agree with the restriction that the original gateway and the
>> new gateway should have the same IDr. That is too restrictive.  For
>> example, it should be possible for gw1 to redirect the client to
>> gw2, with the two gateways having two distinct FQDNs.
>
>Right... but if the client does not have a PAD entry for gw2's IDr,
>then the IKE negotiation will fail. (I guess we're not considering
>updating the PAD based on REDIRECTs.)

Co-chair-hat on:

Right, we are not considering that currently. If we do consider it, it is a
significant change to the document and we would want to do (at least) another
WG last call.

Co-chair-hat off:

Right, and we should not consider that, given the difficulty of bounding the
security considerations if we do so.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium