Lakshminath Dondeti writes:
> > You should not really do break-before-make style of transitions on
> > real-time environments, and if you keep the old connection while
> > making the new one, then this whole issue is non-issue.
> Good advice, but that consensus process is from elsewhere.  Not every
> device has multiple interfaces, not every architecture implements the
> idea of multiple simultaneous associations with base stations, and so on.

We were discussing moving traffic from "secure" cellular network
(which do not require IPsec protection, and IKE SA was suspended
because of that) to "unsecure" WLAN network (which now requires IPsec
protection because it is unsecure). Do you really say some device
which can talk to both WLAN and cellular network cannot talk to both
of them simultaneously?

Even with if they cannot be used simultaneously they can still bring
the IKE SA up while using the cellular network, and then use MOBIKE to
move the already up and resumed IKE SA from cellular to WLAN.

It seems there is again some scenarios you are refering to that I do
not know about, as I do not really think you are now talking about the
same use case anymore.