Somehow, we in the IETF think that we can make decisions for other standards
bodies, especially ones that do real deployments.  I don't know how we can say
things like they should always use the IKE SA whether they need it or not -
there can be several reasons not to use it when they don't need it, including
how some VPN vendors may charge.  Also, mobility may need to be handled by MIP6
and we know that it doesn't co-exist with MOBIKE.

I'm also further intrigued by this attack we are so passionately discussing -
the motivation for the attacker here is to annoy other users?   Surely, the
attacker gets nothing meaningful in return - I simply can't see how the risk of
such an attack can be anywhere close to even medium - it is barely low in my
view.  The reward for the attacker in return for the work is non-existent - if
someone can steal spectrum or otherwise get Internet access for free or get
access to other users' credentials, etc., it is worth discussing and protecting
against.  In this case, I'd say that we've already spent more time discussing
it than it is worth it.

Vidya