All,
As we prepare to submit the next revision of the WESP draft, we wanted to
get some discussion / feedback on some open ticket items.

Issue #93: Next Header field to provide the value for the tunneled packet if
using tunnel mode

In the current traffic visibility draft, we indicate that the next header
value in the WESP header is equal to the next header value in the ESP
trailer.
Charlie Kaufman suggested that middle boxes may not want to differentiate
between tunnel / transport mode and just get to the payload.
i.e. consider providing the tunneled protocol value in WESP next header field
in the
case of tunnel mode and the WESP offset points to the tunneled payload

Pros: easier parsing for intermediary devices
Cons: lose consistency between next header in WESP and in ESP trailer - any
security concerns?

Comments / opinions appreciated...

Thanks,
- Ken