  ContentType:  type of the packet contents description
  Data: depends on the ContentType

The purpose of this option is to exchange information about the contents of the
payload data to intermediaries (network infrastructure).  This can be used both
with full payload encryption or with just integrity.   When the entire
payload data is encrypted, some intermediaries, for instance packet filterers
and deep content inspectors, lose the ability to perform their function.
With this extension, the end host can append the PacketContents option to
describe the contents of the packet for the benefit of intermediary devices.

There are many possible uses for this.  For instance, the endhost could have
a classification scheme that maps HTTP to 1, LDAP to 2, SMB to this class of
server to 3, SMB to another class of server to 4, etc.   Hence there needn't
be direct information disclosure of the encrypted data types to an attacker
who didn't have access to the policy.

Another possible use would be to expose the full URL for the request by
duplicating
it into the option.

An example of a use for this with integrity only encapsulation is to flag
things that are difficult to deduce by an intermediary.  For instance, RPC
commonly runs on dynamic ports.  So we can flag the RPC packets with a specific
tag.

Clearly this puts trust in the end-system to apply the correct markings.  But
in a fully encrypted end-to-end environment, the intermediaries must trust the
end systems somewhat anyway. And for integrity-only mode, these markings could
be treated as hints to aid parsing.

brian