Hello all,

A minor technical note about Issue #22. Section 2.25, last paragraph reads:

A CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND notification SHOULD be sent when a peer receives a
request to rekey a Child SA that does not exist.  A peer that receives a
CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND notification SHOULD silently delete the Child SA and send
a request to create a new Child SA from scratch.

The original text does not mention what the SPI should be (it is practially
implied what it should be set to, but is still not mentioned in the text).
Presumably one would set the this to be the SPI of the Child SA that caused
the error (i.e the data for CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND is the same as the SPI found
inside the REKEY_SA notification). This way, the Initiator knows which
rekeying attempt resulted in this error.

I would propose to change this text to:
A CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND notification SHOULD be sent when a peer receives a
request to rekey a Child SA that does not exist.  The SA that the initiator
attempted to rekey is indicated by the SPI field in the Notify Payload,
which is copied from the SPI field in the REYEY_SA notification. A peer that
receives a CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND notification SHOULD silently delete the Child
SA and send a request to create a new Child SA from scratch.

Regards,
Matt