On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Frederic Detienne wrote:

And like I said earlier, the amount of negotiation when there are multiple prefixes to
protect is limited to one. With "modern ipsec tunneling" (got to love that),
there is still a lot of negotiation going on.

We are talking about potentially hundreds of subnets behind a branch here.

And it is great that those subnets will not be able to be spoofed from other
branches!

Reverting to a 0/0 <-> 0/0 policy is less secure and imho, lazy :)

Paul