Sure. A VPN host (whether client or gateway) that is behind NAT is generally
unreachable from a random host.

To allow random hosts to get there, the VPN host needs to "punch a hole" in the
NAT by sending a binding request to a STUN server. The IP routable IP address
and port that it uses should be stored somewhere, in case some random VPN host
wants to contact it. It has to be stored outside the VPN host itself, because
that host is unreachable.

So if one or both of the VPN peers are behind NAT, we need some 3rd-party or
parties to broken the NAT traversal. We need:
 - a STUN (or STUN-like) server for punching the hole
 - storage for the discovered address and port

In SIP these functions are done by the SBC.

So just like the #214 and #217 issues, we need a 3rd party to broker the
host-2-host tunnel that we want to set up. It's tempting to assign this
function to a hub gateway as the VPN host already has the ability to
authenticate to it, but that should be part of the design, not the requirements

Yoav

P.S: Sorry if my SIP/RTP terminology is off. It's all based on a cursory
reading of a Wikipedia article.