On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM, Yoav Nir <y...@checkpoint.com> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
>>

>> I also read: draft-mao-ipsecme-ad-vpn-protocol and while conceptually I found
>> it okay, I think that the protocol should be inside IKE.
>
> Funny, I came to the opposite conclusion. I think it's too much like IKE.
>
> But actually, this should be split in two.
>
> ADC to ADC communications, like the REDIRECT and SESSION could easily run
> over an Informational exchange in IKE.

[Toby]: Yes, it may be, but I think the ADVPN protocol should be a
seperate and complete protocol, thus it is better not to extend IKE
protocol, it can be protected by IKE/IPsec protocol.

> But the ADC to ADS communications are, to quote section 1.1, "a client and
> server protocol". And there is no reason to assume that the ADS can even do
> IKE - it's a controller. So I think those parts of the protocol could be done
> in a web service.
>
> But, why am I designing someone else's proposal?

[Toby]: For ADVPN solution, the main goal of ADVPN protocol is to
discover IPsec peer neighbor on demand and establish a shortcut
tunnel. To find the shortcut path efficiently, It maintains the
private network information and private/public address. It is
different with IKE protocol, so it can be a totally new protocol.