Michael Richardson writes:
> For a given IPsec SA, they want to overwrite/force/set the DSCP to a
> particular value.  It will not depend upon the traffic goes into it
> (but, the SPD selectors may quite specificly pick the traffic).

If I think RFC4301 already requires that. I.e. it requires
implementations to be able to map DSCP values to suitable value. If
the sender knows how to pick up suitable DSCP values and they are then
tunneled through the IPsec tunnel, then the receiving GW can use those
to map those values to the suitable values for the other domain.

As the IPsec processing is not affected by that mapping, there is no
point of negotiating it in the IKE. The DSCP can be used as classifier
which selects which packets are put to which SA, and this is required
because of the reordering problems, and this is already handled in the
IPsec.

I am missing how does the trasmitting this information from SGW to SGW
affect the IPsec processing? I do not think we should use IKE as
transmitting all kind of stuff that other end might be interested in.
It is better to use some protocol suitable for it. For example our
configuration payload tries to send only minimal set of parameters
which affect the IPsec processing (yes, there are some extra there
like DNS, and NBNS), and rest of the configuration parameters should
be gotten from the DHCP server (whose address is sent inside the
configuration payload).