Hi,

I have mostly no problem with the document.

However I have one small concern.

The draft lists the following trasforms based on AES cipher:

AES-GCM
AES-CCM
AES-CTR
AES-128-CBC
AES-GMAC
AES-XCBC-MAC-96

All these transforms, except for AES-XCBC-MAC-96,
allows to be used with different key lengths - 128, 192 and 256 bits.
It looks strange to me that, unlike the others, AES-128-CBC
has key length explicitely specified in the draft. Why it differs in
this respect from the others? What about AES-192-CBC and
AES-256-CBC - are they also "MUST" or "MAY"? Or even "MUST NOT"? :-)

I think the draft should either:
- remove explicit key length from AES-128-CBC and make it just AES-CBC
- add explicit key length to all other AES-based transforms (except for AES-XCBC-MAC-96) - leave things as is, but explain why AES-CBC differs in this respect from the others

Regards,
Valery Smyslov.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yaron Sheffer" <yaronf.i...@gmail.com>