Steffen Klassert <steffen.klass...@secunet.com> wrote:
    > at the last working group meeting in London, it was quite some interest
    > to work on a re-design of ESP to make it fit to the multi-cpu case, QoS
    > classes, HW offloads etc.

I agree with your idea in the subject, of a virtual interim on this.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ponchon-ipsecme-anti-replay-subspaces-00.txt

While there is a problem space section in this document, I found it a bit
inadequate.
I think that it is important to collect all of the challenges into a single
set of goals.

    > The Google PSP Security Protocol (PSP) is another new 'ESP like'
    > protocol. There is some interest to standardize PSP, so the issues that
    > are solved there should also be considered when designing a new ESP
    > version. Most concepts that are used in PSP are taken from IPsec ESP,
    > so IMO this should be integrated into the IPsec protocol suite.

It would be great to have the problems/challenges that this aims to solve, as
well as the RAVSI concepts there too.

    > - What are the problems to solve?

Let's get consensus on this aspect first.  Maybe there are things that we
might agree are out-of-scope, or are really implementation specific issues.
That might mean a document be written, and the WG do a consensus call.

    > - How should the problems be solved?
    > Please let me know if there is interest,

Thank you for bringing this up.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )