On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Christopher Palmer wrote:

The thing about protocols like UPnP - the vendors who would ignore an IETF recommendation are likely to be the same vendors to skip out on making an adequate UPnP stack. Most people today do NOT have home routers that support UPnP.

Do you have numbers on this? My belief has been that most people today who care about anything more than web surfing would have a decently new gateway (less than 3-5 years old) and that this would support UPnP.

I don't have any numbers so I would like to know more :)

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se