On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, JinHyeock Choi wrote:
> Even though an RA contains all the prefixes, there is no indication that
> it does.
>
> After link change, if an RA without the prefix of its current CoA
> arrives, mobile node can't be sure that its CoA is no longer valid.
> Hence still uncertainty remains for a mobile node.

Hence, we need to either make it clearer that the prefixes are not
omitted, or make up better movement detection mechanisms.

Do you have any specific reasons for this?

There is really no reason to omit those prefixes that I could see.
Rather than adding new code to verify this, shouldn't we just warn about
this situation and be done with it?  Or even state that prefixes SHOULD
NOT (or MUST NOT) be omitted unless including them would cause a too big
packet (over MTU) to be sent?

That is, we seem to have different high-level views to this issue.  I
don't see that we need to fix this theoretical(?) problem, rather try to
ensure that it won't happen.