IMHO, it is possible that a multihoming solution will end up requiring a
message that informs the host about the correct address to use.

It would be good if we didn't have to define an additional message for this
and we could just use this one.

I think that Christian's proposal doesn't change the packet format, since
the router just has to be smart enough to pick the right source address.

So all that it is needed is to state that the router has to pick one of its
own addresses that its ingress filters would allow to flow towards the
selected destination.

I fail to see why do you think this is not feasible

Regards, marcelo