I support work on optimistic DAD. I would propose
it to be taken up by the IPv6 WG. Not as a part of
the 2462bis effort but separately.

I would also note that optimistic DAD is useful for
anything that expects a fast attachment time or
frequent movements, not just MIPv6 but also HIP
and MOBIKE.

I believe the reason it was not taken up by the DNA
group was not that they did not want it, but rather
that it was felt that the expertise resides more in
the IPv6 WG.

--Jari

Soliman Hesham wrote:
Nick,

I think optimistic DAD is a very useful (and essential)
tool for mobile nodes in multiaccess links (e.g. WLANs) since it eliminates a major delay component. So I'd support this draft for a std track RFC.

I'm also surprised that this work is not addressed in DNA
as I thought it'd be in the heart of the DNA charter. But
regardless, it needs to be done if we want MIPv6 to be useful
in WLANs.

Hesham

Australian Telecommunications CRC |
<http://www.telecommunications.crc.org.au/>