Hi,

I have a question regarding IPv6 router redirect. Can an IPv6
router send a redirect for a particular route?

Here is a situation:
(It is assumed that no routing protocol is being run)

               Internet

                   R1
   +---+-----------+------+-----+
       |                  |
      R2                  H1

      H2

Let us say Router R1 is the default router for H1. R1 connects
H1 to internet (IPv6). Also Router R1, R2 and H1 are all on the
same link. H2 is connected to Router R2. If host H1 wants to
reach H2 can router R1 redirect it to R2 for this particular
route?

Or will H1 be able to learn about H2 from R2 router
advertisements?

--
Thanks and Regards,

Bhaskar S.