On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 06:16:05PM +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / [EMAIL PROTECTED]@C#:H wrote:

> I'm even not sure if the "multi-link subnet" or "ND-proxy" scenarios
> is ever related to the point I described...as far as I know, the host
> can still see router advertisements from a "router" in the sense of
> RFC2462 (or rfc2462bis), which is just located in a different link
> from the host's link.  On the other hand, I was talking about the case
> where the host does not see any router advertisements, whether via the
> directly attached link or from a separate link via a "proxy" while
> there is still a node that can forward any kinds of IPv6 packets.

[First, I think all your proposed changes are very good!]

The implication of the dhc discussion was that if the only way for a node
to learn its/a default router should be via receipt of an RA, and not via any
stateful protocol.

The same discussion also suggested the same single solution for discovery
of on-link prefixes (i.e. these should be available only via RAs and not
via stateful protocols).

These have implications for your forwarding node on a link with no RA.

This issue needs to be clarified/documented somewhere.  I'm not sure the ND
proxy document is that place...

Tim