> I find the language somewhat confusing. This is what I undestand the paragraph
> to say:

>   Note that it is possible that there is no router on the link in this
>   sense, but there is a node that has the ability to forward packets.  In
>   this case, the forwarding node's address must be manually configured in
>   nodes to be able to send packets off-link, since the only mechanism to
> configure the default router's address automatically is to send
>   router advertisements.

Yes, this is what I meant.  I'm not sure if the original text was
confusing and if the above one is better...this is probably a matter
of taste, so I'll listen to others for a while, and simply take the
majority.  If no one else makes preference, I'll simply keep the
original text.

Thanks for the comment, anyway.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.