>    The
>    details of how one uses ND on NBMA links is an area for further
>    study.
>
> => Perhaps this statement can be made clearer. I assume that
> it is referring to applying some form of multicast to
> NBMA links? Perhaps Erik or Thomas can shed some light
> on the intention here.

When the document was written the IPv6 over NBMA didn't exist yet (RFC 2491).

It might make sense to add an informative reference to that work.

FWIW RFC 2491 basically says that a NBMA supports IPv6 by using RFC 2022 (MARS)
which emulates multicast; thus from IP's perspective it isn't a non-broadcast
network any more even though the L2 itself is non-broadcast.

  Erik