> The problem is the use of the term 'global' - address auto-configuration
> will in principle work for any sort of address prefix if I understand
> correctly.

> One could use something like 'additional addresses' and then give global
> unicast addresses as an example.  This would make it clear that auto-config
> can be used for any sort of address/address prefix beyond link local.

I'm afraid the phrase of "additional addresses" is a little bit vague.
If we need a compromise, perhaps we could add something to the
definition of "global address" in Section 2 such as:

   global address - an address with unlimited scope.  From stateless
       address autoconfiguration's perspective, it essentially means
       an address that has larger scope than link-local.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.