On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 16:09 +0200, Stig Venaas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:03:36AM -0400, Vlad Yasevich wrote:
> > Tim
> >
> > Wouldn't an update to a policy table be enough to resolve the problem?
>
> Yes, but isn't it best that the default policy does the right thing?

I agree.  Is this something that may be mentioned in ULA spec?

> Else everyone with ULA doing global multicast will need to update their
> policies. Of course vendors could use their own default policy that is
> different from 3484's policy...

Yes.  I've always considered policy from 3484 an example that will be
modified by the end-user.  That's why it's there.  It gives a really
basic default.  If you want to be multiaddresses with ULA and global
prefixes, you need to tweak things.

-vlad