Hi,

On Jul 14, 2005, at 2:59 AM, Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki) wrote:
I of course share the worry that the operators will start charging
differently different size end-user allocations.

I strongly suspect they will since many ISPs have already incorporated address space charges into their business models. I would imagine ISPs continue to look for any way they can add optional charges to your monthly bill so they can legally advertise low connectivities fees.

However, I feel there
is little we can do about the in the IETF and therefore I would see that
we should not use too much time on this.

I would agree. The IETF hasn't, to my knowledge, been particularly effective in limiting business models.

I think the only practical thing we can do is to advice that the
end-user network will have enough addresses to satisfy its communication
needs to avoid the introduction of e.g. NAT into IPv6 networks.

I would suggest that NATv6 will be created and exist as long as there is a significant (at least perceived) cost to transitioning service providers.

Rgds,
-drc