Hi Fred,

Fred Baker wrote:
how do the routers (which control router discovery) get this policy information?

There's no existing mechanism for describing the source address
selection policies using router discovery.

For router discovery itself though, the configured IPv6
prefixes are typically configured through configuration files.
I'd guess there are proprietary MIBs to describe this as well.

I'm not sure anyone is doing it, but renumbering is applicable
there as a means of providing information about which prefixes
are valid.

I'd guess that any mechanism which interacted with router discovery
to provide address selection policy would need to be integrated with
the ND messages, and the configuration systems applicable to those
messages.

Greg.