On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 05:24:23PM +1000, Greg Daley wrote:
[...]
> I'd suggest that if preferences are all that's needed, then the
> function matches that for which the options are used now.

I agree that if only prefix preference is needed (possibly also
v4 vs v6), then it seems obvious to learn this together with the
prefixes themselves. I.e. if you use slaac, then also get the
preference that way (similarly with dhcp or other mechanisms).
The preference is for destination address selection, right?

So a question then is whether that is enough or if there are
many cases where the full policy (including source address
selection) is needed. If the full policy is needed in some cases,
then we have to consider whether it's worth having two solutions.

I don't know myself, I think it requires further study.

Stig