> => the draft is supposed to address both issues. For the first one
> we can add more cautionary words if one believes there are not yet
> enough. For the second one we already merged two very different
> experiments into one request.

Well, if that is what we want, then we can write a much simpler draft,
"reserving a prefix for non routable identifiers". It will have
essentially one or two paragraph of text, plus the usual ten pages of
boiler text:

"Various experiments require encoding a non routable identifier in the
format of an IPv6 address. To avoid confusion with regular use of IPv6
address, we instruct the IANA to reserve the prefix xxxx:yyyy::/n for
that purpose. (TBD IANA: specific value of xxxx:yyyy; TBD working group:
specific value of n). The addresses will have the following format:

+---------------+---------------------------------------------+
| n bits prefix | (128-n) bits identifier                     |

Different experiments are expected to construct the identifier in
different ways. Each experiment is expect to specify how the identifier
is constructed and verified, e.g. using experiment-specific
cryptographic procedures. Each experiment MUST specify an identifier
verification method that will validate properly allocated identifiers
according to this experiment, and invalidate incompatible identifiers
allocated according to different experiments."

-- Christian Huitema