Hesham,

> => Ok, that's fine, but how do you these routers: a) exist, and b)
> are working, i.e. not down. Shouldn't you at least know this before
> you prefer a router?

In one example, the host could send a multicast RS and get back
RAs from several different routers. The host could then use L2
information (e.g., RSSI) to infer that some of the routers have
better link quality than others and prefer those in its default
router selection. This is just one example (and beyond the scope
of the spec) but it illustrates the desire to allow hosts more
flexibility in deciding which routers are good and which are
"suspect".

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]