Thomas,

I think it is good to have this discussion of link quality
on the list to serve as a permanent (?) record for those
developers who might want to implement a default router
selection strategy based on factors not explicitly called
out in the spec. To your specific question:

> Again, exactly what problem would adding "etc." actually fix?

adding the "etc." could not possibly do any harm, and
could possibly inform developers of the fact that they
have some degrees of freedom in their default router
selection strategy (i.e., it can't hurt and might help).
Moreover, it could go as a simple AUTH48 update so I
don't think its fair to draw a parallel between this
and the M&O discussions. To prove it, I will make this
my final submission on this topic.

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]