Hi,

I read again the RFC 4291 and I have a question regarding the anycast
address format. The RFC says:

"The Subnet-Router anycast address is predefined.  Its format is as
follows:

|                         n bits                 |   128-n bits   |
+------------------------------------------------+----------------+
|                   subnet prefix                | 00000000000000 |
+------------------------------------------------+----------------+

The "subnet prefix" in an anycast address is the prefix that identifies
a specific link.  This anycast address is syntactically the same as a
unicast address for an interface on the link with the interface
identifier set to zero."

So my question is: is there only one possible anycast address per subnet
prefix?

If this is the case:
What is the technical reason?
What happens if there are 2 or more anycast based services on a same
subnet prefix?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

JMC.

France Telecom - R&D Division - MAPS/NSS
Jean-Michel COMBES, Internet/Intranet Security
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +33 (0)1 45 29 45 94
Fax: +33 (0)1 45 29 65 19
Mobile: +33 (0)6 07 29 30 16