Hi,

"The Subnet-Router anycast address is predefined.  Its format is as
follows:

|                         n bits                 |   128-n bits   |
+------------------------------------------------+----------------+
|                   subnet prefix                | 00000000000000 |
+------------------------------------------------+----------------+

The "subnet prefix" in an anycast address is the prefix that identifies
a specific link.  This anycast address is syntactically the same as a
unicast address for an interface on the link with the interface
identifier set to zero."

So my question is: is there only one possible anycast address per subnet
prefix?

No, that is one that is required to be supported by routers on the subnet. You can have as many anycast addresses as you want on a subnet. Any unicast address can become an anycast address. See section 2.6 and other places anycast is mention in RFC4291. Also see RFC2526.

Bob

If this is the case:
What is the technical reason?
What happens if there are 2 or more anycast based services on a same
subnet prefix?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

JMC.

France Telecom - R&D Division - MAPS/NSS
Jean-Michel COMBES, Internet/Intranet Security
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +33 (0)1 45 29 45 94
Fax: +33 (0)1 45 29 65 19
Mobile: +33 (0)6 07 29 30 16