Daniel,

On Apr 27, 2006, at 1:19 AM, ext Soohong Daniel Park wrote:

While adopting ULA into the local networks, I am curious
how to set universal/local bit of Interface ID. There is
no any mention in RFC4193. Which is correct ? 1 or 0 ?

First to clarify your question, I think you are asking about the universal/local bit discussed in the forth paragraph of Section 2.5.1. "Interface Identifiers" of RFC4291. Not the "L" bit in RFC4193.

The ULA document defines how to creates a local prefix for the site. A node would create it's interface IDs in the normal matter as specified in RFC4291. Nothing special is required or even desired. The L bit setting is independent of the prefix (global unicast, link- local, ULA, etc.).

Bob

p.s. I think some of the other responses to your email misinterpreted your question. Or else, I did :-)