Hi Wen,

Maybe, we are working on similar problems.
Let me comment on a few things about your proposal.

- I think Routing Header is an interesting method
 to implement policy routing at gateway. The problem
 is which router has to support Routing Header.
 Is it correct that L3 CPE and also ISP's edge router
 has to support Routing Header in scenario2 ?
 When you see the deployment status of IPv4 source
 routing, it is clear that ISP routers won't possibly
 support Routing Header for security reason or other,
 it may be possible to make CPE vendors to implement
 Routing Header support though.

- Even if ISP edge routers implement Routing Header support,
 how do the CPEs know ISP edge routers' IPv6 global-scope
 address ?
 If I remember correctly, in the Routing Header if you
 put a link-local-address, the packet's final destination
 must be a host on the same link.
 So, end hosts have to know a global address of L3 CPE
 and ISP edge routers.
 As RA and DHCPv6 are delivered by link-local addresses,
 there is no means to inform a global address of a ISP edge
 router or a L3 CPE.

- At the last e-mail sent to IPv6 ML, you mentioned that
 Host chooses an address given by an ISP that the host want
 to connect. IMO, however, your proposal doesn't have any
 effects on address selection at hosts, but have effects
 on routing after address selection. After address selection
 is completed, your mechcanism selects an appropriate next
 or next-next hop depending on the selected source address.

 We are now working on the address selection aspects of
 the similar environment considered here.
 http://www.nttv6.net/dass/draft-arifumi-ipv6-policy-dist-00.txt
 http://www.nttv6.net/dass/

 Now I'm revising this draft and also writing a problem statement
 document of default address selection in multi-prefix environment.

Best regards.