Tatuya,

Hmm...I cannot find background information about the "design
principle" on the net, either.  It may be just an misunderstanding of
mine, in which case, yes, the above concern is resolved (I might then
propose a DHCPv6 server address RA option:-).

Feel free :-)

But then I have a related question: why is this document supposed to
be an Experimental RFC, rather than a Proposed Standard?  I originally
thought it was because the spec is going to be standardized against
the 'design principle' as a special exception.

At this point, I don't remember exactly why the authors submitted for experimental as the topic has a long complicated history. For example see: RFC4339 "IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches".

Bob