> Prefix delegation is a feature used by routers, not by hosts.

I don't understand this point as it relates to the question of
whether/not DHCPv6 will be needed, and the more I think about
it the more irrelevant it seems. Prefix delegation is a feature
used by clients of a prefix delegation server - in DHCPv6, they
are the DHCP client and DHCP server. What the client actually
*does* with any delegated prefixes is up to the client and
there is no reason to pre-suppose that it will necessarily
behave as a router.

Again, the question is whether there is (or will be) a
way of doing prefix delegation w/o DHCPv6? (If so, would
it be any better than DHCPv6 - or just different?)

Fred