[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In some cases, customers may wish to have an alternative to the existing mechanism (WHY they wish to have it is a separate question, THAT they do is an issue which helped inform the writing of our draft).
I am not opposed to doing something different, but there needs to be something more than a wish to back it up.

Thanks Tony. Please keep in mind the ICMPv6 PD mechanism we propose and the current DHCPv6 PD are not mutually exclusive (I realize you're not saying they are).

A real reason why the ICMPv6 PD mechanism is proposed is THAT customers have asked for it.

Customers of what?  Customers at home for ISP and DSL?  Customers of
netlmm deployments?  Customers of mobile routers?

You could mention a little more of the customer landscape you see, in
current IETF effort terms, and still stay technical.

Alex