Just to be clear (and I know you're aware of this, Tony), "lack of code" is
a provably invalid argument in support of developing an alternative to
DHCPv6 PD.  It is simply not true to say that DHCPv6 PD is not implemented
and has not been deployed.  There are multiple server implementations
available today, that run directly in network elements or as a standalone
server, and client implementations available today.  These implementations
are sufficiently robust that they are in use today in commercial
deployments.

- Ralph