Su,

On Oct 19, 2006, at 5:49 PM, ext Su Thunder wrote:

If we can predict that many new extension headers will be defined in the future,a new draft for the router to recognize the newly defined extension header will be neccessary.For example,we can define a set of parameters including the Next Header value in the immediately preceding header,a list of the format of probable options,the extension headers that might be placed before the newly defined extension header,and the probable actions of the router when meeting the extension header.The purppose of the parameters likes the feature of virsus.
So future implementations can recognize any extension header.

I don't see how we can predict this.

This is exactly why we previously defined the hop-by-hop option format. It does all of these things.

Bob